Sunday, December 2, 2012

Looking with a New Light


       Michel Gantner is a photographer I recently found who does lots of plants. I couldn't find anywhere what he is actually doing to get the glowing colors, though i'm fairly certain he is using UV photography because they aren't quite like the coloration of a negative photograph. I also couldn't find what his equipment was. These photos are from his series Jour & Nuit.
Whatever type of coloration he was using the use of the flash towards the right gives it a really cool appearance with how they are slightly transparent.
I just love how this makes it look like each of these assumed seedpods is like one of those fiber-optic lamps. But it is very interesting arrangements no matter what he is doing.
These are one of my favorite flowers and it is just cool to see it in this strange almost alien coloration.

Over all this has been a very interesting gallery to look through and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment