Thursday, September 20, 2012

Photos from the Skies

       One of the things I find amazing is aerial photography. I would love to do some myself but I don't have many friends in the aviation department yet besides not having a good enough camera to do it justice. I just find the perspective you find from that high above interesting because of how different it is from our normal view. The ground disturbances stand out in much better contrast when the lighting is right.


   














        Another thing I noticed and found funny is how the universal rules still apply for this type of photography (even if loosely). In particular the time of shooting, because those highly contrasting shadows wouldn't be visible during the midday sun. You also have a much longer view of the land which can lead to cool effects that you would in no way be able to see from ground level, like the bends in the river, or the shape of the dunes.

These photos are just from a random google search and the links didn't point them to where or who took them, and I ran into the "links go bad places" issue as well. But here is where I found them.
http://designyoutrust.com/2011/06/wonderful-aerial-photos-of-nature/

No comments:

Post a Comment