Thursday, September 27, 2012

Bad Lands, Bad Lands, Whatcha Gonna Do.

     So looking back through my photographs I did find some that have some of the characteristics of what we have been talking about in the book. Such as portrait shots and having blurring effects and similar things in the shot that I tried to do. Unfortunately some animals aren't as caring for photographers and don't like to pose very well or correctly frame themselves with a stalk of grass or with a better colored backdrop.

So here are some that I took specifically in Bad Lands State Park SD.


So this is just one of the many goats we saw along the road through one stretch and I did try to get a better picture but this is the only time the baby was alone and it didn't take any consideration of mine to take a quick glance up at the camera. Oh well.

This one I tried to frame more specifically but it wouldn't stop moving and so I took a few through the grass like this. I will say this was when I hadn't thought to manually focus myself so it took a bit of work to get it to focus on the goat and not the grass. But I don't think it turned out all bad, mostly just too much grass in the foreground. I also was on an opposite ridge and didn't bring my tripod.

This one looks kind of barren and desolate but I thought it looked cool with all the layers of earth being that defined in it as well as the sidelight making the shadows pop out really well.

This one was also taken for the same effects accept it was from the inside of a vehicle that was in motion. Thus the little sliver of black that was the window frame.

Over all with all of these pictures I think they are fairly blasted out in the whites and I wish I could have been better with my camera at the time so I could mellow them out a bit. I also wish I didn't take some of them at such a high ISO because it becomes pretty evident in the landscapes and the blurred grass. If I had a tripod and a better picture understanding maybe I could have made them a little higher quality. I still enjoy them though, looking at them from a photography standpoint its a good stepping stone for messing with framing and from a personal standpoint it was a very fun trip that I'm fond of remembering.




No comments:

Post a Comment