Thursday, October 4, 2012

Red Dirt and Falling Rains

So this past weekend I went down to Wyoming for a family event and decided that I would get up too early on my weekend and climb one of the various hills around my grandparents ranch where we stayed and get some landscapes at sunrise.  So here are some of what I took. Many of them I would love to take and turn into HDR shots because the colors with the red hills and the green sage are amazing but the sky gets washed out when the light is high enough to get the detail. The inverse happens when I get the sky color correct and I had no filters.




















The hill I was on was basically the end of a crest and I had a large area but I couldn't get a panorama to work right. It is also hard not to get man made things in the picture because it is a ranch so there's lots of farm terrain along with random constructions.


















Overall I would say it was successful and I had a fun time climbing up cause it has become a tradition of mine to climb it whenever we visit.

I also took some shots this Wednesday when it was raining and snowing which turned out funny because no one understood why a 6'4 man had taken off his hoodie, was kneeling on the wet sidewalk, with said hoodie draped over his head. That is until they saw what I was looking at.




















Getting the water effects on these leaves that were under the gutter was lots of fun and gave me a great chance to play better with shutter speed. Since the day was also so overcast the lighting was great but I do wish I had a polarizer. I love how the contrast works so well between the clear shiny leaves and the blurry ones getting poured on.

No comments:

Post a Comment